Thursday 5 January 2017

Dublin

My next stop after Edinburgh was Dublin. I arrived at Dublin airport at nine o'clock in the morning, then I hopped on the 747 bus towards the hostel that I was staying in. When I arrived at the hostel I left my bag and I assembled my glidecam and I started sightseeing.

At first Dublin did not seem anything special. I visited the cathedrals, the castle which does not seem like a castle at all because it is in the middle of some appartment buildings and it is located at low ground, the St. Stephen's green park and so on and so forth. Every single one of these places was not something special for me and therefore I started feeling bored.

However after I returned back to the hostel in order to check in I headed out again and surprisingly enough, at night Dublin looks amazing. The river, the lights, the little streets, the buildings and the bridges all looked so different and beautiful. Nevertheless the best part of Dublin for me were the Irish pubs. The atmosphere that Irish pubs have always felt like home and every time I visit one there are so many memories and happy moments that I can recall.

Finally my last visit in Dublin was Howth. Howth is a small village located north of Dublin and it is surrounded by water. I took the bus 31 from Dublin to Howth summit and when I reached the summit I headed straight for the famous cliff path. The view was simply beautiful. The flowers, the red colour combined with the green trees, the dark colour of the rocks and the sea made it one my favourite places ever.

All in all Dublin may have seemed a mediocre destination at the beginning. However always wait before you judge something or someone because sometimes a city or a person needs some time in order to show you its' real character and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment